Ahead of the 50th Anniversary of ASEAN and ASEAN-Korea Cultural Exchange Year of 2017, the ASEAN-Korea Centre is to hold the 1st ASEAN-Korea Academic Essay Contest with aims to raise public awareness on ASEAN and provide students from ASEAN and Korea with an opportunity to learn and better understand key issues related to the ASEAN Community and ASEAN-Korea relations.
Theme (one of the following three themes):
1. ASEAN in the past 50 years, and ASEAN-Korea relations in the next 50 years
2. Where the ASEAN Community is Heading Towards: Challenges and Prospects
3. ASEAN-Korea Socio-cultural Partnership: Towards a Reciprocal Understanding
- July-14 October 2016: Make announcement for competition, and receive essays
- 17-31 October 2016: Judging
- 1 November 2016: Winners Announcement
- 2 December 2016: Awarding ceremony in conjunction with ASEAN-Korea Youth Forum
- 1-5 December 2016: Study trip to Korea for ASEAN students
- December 2016-January 2017: Publication of winning essays
- January 2017: Study trip to Jakarta, Indonesia for Korean students
Eligible applicants: ASEAN and Korean undergraduate and graduate students
Language: English or Korean
Submission: Online application via email email@example.com by 14 October 2016
- 6 winning essays will be awarded, and printed in an AKC booklet that will be distributed regionally. Among those selected, essays that are written in English will also be printed in The Korea Herald, a major English Newspaper in Korea.
- Winners will be offered an opportunity for a study trip (4 nights/5 days) either to an ASEAN country or to Korea based on their nationalities:
- Travel expenses (airfare, accommodation, etc.) will be covered by the ASEAN-Korea Centre.
Programme information: https://goo.gl/6iEGJL
Should you have any inquiries, please contact Ms. Hwang Jiseon, PR Officer of the Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org or 82-2-2287-1149